Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A favorite quick and easy breakfast dish. The intoxicating smell of baking cinnamon rolls and roasting apples will have you standing around the oven drooling as you peek through the oven window. This recipe originally started from the Pampered Chef recipe “Apple Nut Ring”, but over the years was evolved into a wonderfully amazing breakfast oozing with sweet frosting, plump raisins, pecans, and roasted apples. These are phenomenal served warm with a large glass of milk. Adapted from Sweet Peas Kitchen and she barely adapted it from Pampered Chef. Enjoy!
- 2 (425.24 g) packagerefrigerated cinnamon rolls (5 count)
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 78.07 ml chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Separate cinnamon rolls and flatten slightly. Arrange cinnamon rolls in an overlapping circular pattern on a baking stone or sheet pan.
- Peel, core and slice apples into rings. Place apple rings on top of cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle raisins and nuts evenly around ring. Top with sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Bake 20-25 minute or until a nice golden brown. Drizzle icing from cinnamon roll package on top of ring.
What a nice change to standard refrigerated cinnamon rolls. It really takes it up a notch with the addition of the apples. I did sub the walnuts for almonds and omitted the raisins (we just don't care for raisins). The recipe easily halves too which is especially nice for those quick breakfasts for two! Thanks for sharing this keeper. Found and made for New Kids On the Block tag game.
Not sure why this didn't work for me. The cinnamon rolls were raw under the apples (which were dried out) and the outside of the rolls were burnt. :(
Had the neighbors over for coffee, and these great cinnamon rolls, and we were not disappointed. I used pecans, and though I did use raisins, I did cut them down to a 1/4 cup. Great tasting treats these were, and made for a great great light breakfast.. Made for PRMR tag.