Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great recipe from American Profile
Make and share this Glazed Apple Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 medium chopped red apple, such as Gala, peeled if desired
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons warm reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- To prepare bars, cream butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium-high speed. Add salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and egg; beat until well blended.
- Combine 1 cup flour and baking soda in a bowl; add to butter mixture. Stir in apple, raisins and pecans by hand. Add milk and remaining flour; mix well. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until light brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- To prepare glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, butter, vanilla and salt in a bowl; mix well. Spread glaze over cooled bars and cut to serve.