Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Bundt Cake Bliss
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°; prepare 12-cup Bundt pan using butter and flour or Baker’s Joy; set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground almonds together; set aside.
- In a big bowl, beat the butter with 1 ½ cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the almond and vanilla extracts.
- Stir in the flour mixture alternating with the milk, mixing only until blended; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Cool 10 minutes longer; place the rack over wax paper to catch the topping drippings.
- Make the topping: add all ingredients to a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and stir until sugar dissolves and the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour the topping over the warm cake and serve warm or at room temperature.