Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request for acorn squash. Great for Thanksgiving!!
- 4 medium acorn squash, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, diluted with
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (homemade or canned)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrape seeds out of squash and, if necessary, cut a thin slice from bottom of squash so they stand upright.
- Pour orange juice into a 9x13 inch ovenproof glass dish and arrange squash, cavity-side down, in liquid.
- Bake until almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Turn over, brush with honey and sprinkle with allspice.
- Fill each cavity with 2 tbsp of cranberry sauce.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes before serving.
This was so good, my DH and I just jumped right into it and I forgot to take a photo! I'm so sorry because it was so beautiful, not to mention delicious! Thank you Kim!
I made this as part of Thanksgiving dinner and my DD loved it. Since the oven was so full of the turkey and other casseroles, I began cooking it earlier in the day, then added the honey, allspice and cranberry sauce and finished cooking it right before dinner. It turned out beautifully. My DH thought it was good, but he still prefers just plain old squash. Its not something I would make everyday, but it is a really nice change. Thanks Kim for a great new recipe.
A wonderful recipe! I served this for Thanksgiving and used the Orange Cranberry Sauce Orange Cranberry Sauce along with this and added dried apricots to the CS. Absolute hit with the family. Thanks!!