Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Healthy and Delicious! (Kosher Pallate)
Make and share this Glazed Acorn Squash recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 lbs acorn squash
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cut off both ends of squash; discard.
- Cut each squash into 4 rings; scoop out seeds and discard.
- Place rings on baking sheet in single layer and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they begin to soften.
- While the squash is baking prepare the glaze mixture. Whisk together honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Once the squash is soft, uncover and brush with 1/2 of the glaze mixture; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 10 min and brush remaining glaze over the squash. bake uncovered for 10 min or until squash is brown, tender and glazed.
- Place squash rings on a platter and drizzle with remaining glaze.