- 1 large acorn squash
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- orange slice (optional)
- parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash into 3/4-inch-thick slices; remove seeds and membrane. Arrange squash in lightly greased shallow baking dish.
- Pour orange juice over squash.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over squash.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until squash is tender, basting occasionally.
- Garnish with orange slices and parsley, if desired.