Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Add some cooked shredded chicken to this simple side dish and you have lunch. The proportions in the sauce are flexible.
- 1 lb cellophane noodle
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons Chinese white rice vinegar
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey or 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 cucumber, shredded (optional)
- 1 carrots (optional) or 1⁄2 red bell pepper, shredded (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Soak cellophane noodles according to package directions, then chill.
- Mix sauce ingredients, thinning with hot water or chicken broth last, toss with noodles, and present on a platter.
- Choose from the list of garnishes, according to what you like or have on hand, and make your dish attractive!