Recipe by chia
this can be an appetizer, side dish or main course. It's very light, perfect for warm weather, from the NY Times.
Top Review by Nolita_Food
:P I was about to post this recipe. I made the dish last sunday, and it turned out great although I didn't have any oyster sauce on hand. One thing though, I found soaking the noodles in hot water a lot more effective.
- 2 (2 ounce) packagesthin rice noodles (mung bean thread)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, like corn or canola
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup trimmed and minced scallion
- 1 cup crabmeat, free of shell
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- fresh cilantro, for garnish.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover noodles in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Put oil in a wok or large skillet, and turn heat to high.
- A minute later, add garlic and half the scallions and, almost immediately, the noodles and crab.
- Toss, and stir to mix the ingredients.
- Add the sauces, taste, and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Toss with sesame oil and remaining scallions.
- Garnish, and serve.