Glass Noodle Salad With Shrimp
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 1 1/2 to 2 quarts water to a boil. Meanwhile, rinse chicken; chop into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Add bean threads or angel hair pasta to boiling water and stir to separate; cook until barely tender to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and cook just until chicken is white in center of thickest part (cut to test) and noodles are tender, about 1 minute.
- Drain noodles and chicken; rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a bowl, combine noodle mixture with shrimp, red onion, pickled garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, and green onion.
- In a small bowl, mix liquid from pickled garlic, lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce to taste.
- Just before serving, combine dressing with noodle mixture. Divide arugula equally among dinner plates, or arrange all on a large platter.
- Mound glass noodle salad on or next to greens. Drizzle any remaining dressing left in bowl over arugula.