My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces dried bean threads (saifun) or 4 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- 6 ounces shelled cooked baby shrimp, rinsed
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled garlic (purchased or homemade)
- 1/4 cup slivered bell pepper (red or yellow)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons liquid from pickled garlic
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- about 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce or about 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups baby arugula leaves (5 oz.) or 5 cups baby mixed salad greens, rinsed and crisped (5 oz.)
- 1In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 1 1/2 to 2 quarts water to a boil. Meanwhile, rinse chicken; chop into 1/4-inch pieces.
- 2Add bean threads or angel hair pasta to boiling water and stir to separate; cook until barely tender to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Stir in chicken and cook just until chicken is white in center of thickest part (cut to test) and noodles are tender, about 1 minute.
- 4Drain noodles and chicken; rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- 5In a bowl, combine noodle mixture with shrimp, red onion, pickled garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, and green onion.
- 6In a small bowl, mix liquid from pickled garlic, lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce to taste.
- 7Just before serving, combine dressing with noodle mixture. Divide arugula equally among dinner plates, or arrange all on a large platter.
- 8Mound glass noodle salad on or next to greens. Drizzle any remaining dressing left in bowl over arugula.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glass Noodle Salad With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 460.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: