Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Glass Noodle Salad With Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces dried bean threads (saifun) or 4 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- 6 ounces shelled cooked baby shrimp, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup slivered red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pickled garlic (purchased or homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered bell pepper (red or yellow)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons liquid from pickled garlic
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- about 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce or about 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups baby arugula leaves (5 oz.) or 5 cups baby mixed salad greens, rinsed and crisped (5 oz.)
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 1 1/2 to 2 quarts water to a boil. Meanwhile, rinse chicken; chop into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Add bean threads or angel hair pasta to boiling water and stir to separate; cook until barely tender to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and cook just until chicken is white in center of thickest part (cut to test) and noodles are tender, about 1 minute.
- Drain noodles and chicken; rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a bowl, combine noodle mixture with shrimp, red onion, pickled garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, and green onion.
- In a small bowl, mix liquid from pickled garlic, lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce to taste.
- Just before serving, combine dressing with noodle mixture. Divide arugula equally among dinner plates, or arrange all on a large platter.
- Mound glass noodle salad on or next to greens. Drizzle any remaining dressing left in bowl over arugula.