1/2 Photos of Glass Noodle Casserole with Shiitakes
Jenny Sanders's Note:
This is a quick and easy side dish with a Chinese flair. I love glass noodles, also known as cellophane noodles, transparent noodles, or bean-thread noodles. They are made with mung bean starch, and are purchased as a stiff twiggy bundle. The bundles vary in size; this recipe calls for the smallest bundles available. When cooked they turn clear and slippery and soak up flavours most beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Soak the noodles in boiling water.
- 3When they are soft and transparent, drain well and discard any bits which stay white.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
- 5Layer them in a small deep casserole dish with the noodles.
- 6Drizzle with the oyster sauce, and pour over the chicken stock, enough to just cover. (You may not need all 4 cups.)
- 7Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- 8Serve garnished with the cilantro, if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glass Noodle Casserole with Shiitakes
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 597.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g