This is something my mom used to make at Christmas time. As a child, I loved the way it looked (and tasted).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will need a candy thermometer.
- 2Mix first 3 ingredients in large saucepan.
- 3Stir over heat until sugar dissolves.
- 4Bring to a boil and stop stirring.
- 5Continue to boil until temperature reaches 310 degrees F, it may take 20- 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7After boiling has stopped, stir in extract& coloring of choice.
- 8Quickly, spread out onto a LIGHTLY greased baking sheet so that the candy is no more than 1/4 inch thick.
- 9Candy does not need to touch all edges of baking sheet.
- 10Cool, then break into pieces.
- 11Store in an air-tight container.
- 12SPECIAL NOTE: After reaching 310 degrees, I like to put 1/2 of mixture in a separate kettle, so that I can make two different colors and/or flavors.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glass Candy
Serving Size: 1 (1506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2184.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 161.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 571.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 443.5 g
- Protein 0.0 g