Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes from my Grandmother's restaurant.
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can bean sprouts
- 1 (12 ounce) can chop suey vegetables
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sorghum molasses
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown meat in vegetable oil and add water. Cover and cook over low flame for 15 minutes.
- Add the celery and onions.
- Cook 15 more minutes.
- Add your remaining vegetables.
- Combine 4 Tablespoons of flour with water. Slowly stir into mixture using a fork or a whisk.
- Bring to a boiling point and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer Chop Suey for another 10 minutes or so.
- Serve and enjoy.