Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this recipe in a Jeep advertisement in Cooking Light. Quite good and much lower fat than traditional granola. Eat by the handful, as a yogurt topping or with milk or soymilk for breakfast.
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2 cups Honey Smacks cereal (sweetened puffed-wheat cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (such as Craisins)
- Combine oats, cereal, bran and almonds in a large bowl.
- Combine applesauce, honey, oil, cinnamon and ginger in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat two minutes or until honey is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour applesauce mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Place mixture in a jellyroll pan and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Gently stir granola and bake an additional 15 minutes or until dry.
- Cool; stir in apricots and cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
Much enjoyed, thankyou!