Recipe by Sharon123
From Enduring Harvests: Native American Foods and Festivals for Every Season, by E. Barrie Kavasch, this is delightful!
Top Review by Rita~
This is a delight! I added the ice along with the rest of the ingredients to the blender and pureed. Then filled the glasses with the puree and topped with seltzer! This is great for those hot summer days!
- 1 fresh lemon (zest grated and the rest squeezed and chopped)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon finely ground gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, plus
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- sparkling water (or seltzer water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lemon in the blender. Add all other ingredients. Process for half a minute or so until it's a fine, thoroughly slushed puree.
- Fill 8 glasses with equal parts of crushed ice and sparkling spring water or seltzer (about 2 or 3 ounces in each glass). Add a fruity "glacial mist" to each glass by perching a thin slice of lime or a fresh strawberry "fan" over the rim of each glass. Enjoy!