Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet strawberries in an crackle glaze....a little time consuming but worth it....
Make and share this Glaceed Strawberries recipe from Food.com.
- Do not wash strawberries. Wipe with a dry towe. Place them on a tray in the refrigerator.Prepare another tray, covered with aluminum foil, for the berries after they have been glazed.
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, mix the sugar, 1/2 cup water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over moderate hear, stirring occasionally. Mix cream of tarter with 1 teaspoons water and stir into syrup. Raise the heat to high. Place a candy thermometer in the pan and let the syrup boil without stirring until the temperature reaches 290°F
- Immediately remove from heat. Work quickly. Hold strawberries by stems and carefully dip into glaze to coat thoroughly. Remove from syrup and hold over pan to let excess run off.
- Place on aluminum foil tray and refrigerate as soon as possible. Leave the thermometer in place while working, maintaining a temperature of 290F
- Work quickly so the syrup won't turn dark.