My friend loves a good cherry scone, and can't bake or she thinks she can't, so when she pops in for a cuppa, I make her these. It only takes 15 mins and they are lovely with fresh butter. A light touch is all you need.
- Pre heat oven to 425f 220c.
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Rub butter into flour.
- Mix in sugar and salt and cherrys.
- Add milk a little at a time and mix with a knife.
- Make sure you don't over mix or your scones will be hard.
- when your mix is ready it should be moist and not too dry turn out dough on floured surface and roll out to 2cm thick, I don't use a rolling pin I just shape with my hands and use a 4cm pastry cutter.
- Place the scones on a greased baking sheet.
- brush with a little milk.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 mins untill med brown.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea.