Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Adapted from The Complete Round the World Meat Cookbook. I think you could probably omit pouring the oil over the top, unless it looks terribly dry.
- 59.14 ml olive oil, divided
- 907.18 g top round beef, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 473.18 ml chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 59.14 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml chopped parsley
- 12.32 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet.
- Add meat and brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a greased baking dish large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Spread meat over potatoes.
- Combine tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, pepper, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture over meat.
- Pour in broth.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, pour remaining oil over top, and bake 20 minutes more.