Recipe by LiisaN
Had to attempt to duplicate a hot selling MN State Fair vendor sandwich! This is close -- hope you enjoy the slight switch from a sloppy joe/meatball and/or loosemeat hoagie!
Top Review by Jill4man
I'm giving this four stars before I even make it because I live in MN and also love the Gizmo at the State Fair. I would also say that banana pepper rings are a great addition!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage or 1 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 garlic cloves
- pizza sauce, of choice
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- hoagie roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until slightly translucent.
- Add fennel seeds - saute for a minute.
- Add meat and brown.
- Once mixture is combined and browned - spoon mixture into hoagie bun.
- Top with desired amount of pizza sauce.
- Add sliced cheese - enough to cover all meat and edges of bun.
- Broil until cheese is melted.