Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
A politically correct salad from The Party Girl Cookbook by Nina Lesowitz and Lara Morris Starr. It can be made a day ahead, wrapped, and refrigerated.
- 2 cups shelled raw fresh peas (or frozen, in a pinch); about 2 lbs. unshelled)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a salad bowl, toss together peas, celery, peanuts and water chestnuts.
- Combine sour cream, celery salt, and soy sauce.
- Toss with salad ingredients.
I love pea salads, but I had never made one with peanuts and waterchesnuts so I just had to try it. I did cut the waterchestnuts in half because they just seemed to big compared to all the other ingredients in the salad. I thought this was fantastic the day that I made it. I went to have some for lunch the following day, and it was still good, but had become quite watery and the peanuts had lost their nice crunch. I will definitely make this again because I usually have all of these items on hand.