Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For any of you who have problems with chronic constipation, these muffins are for you! Now, These muffins are not your normal, soft, fluffy type. But a muffin who has a job to do...and that is to make you feel better by not being constipated. Eat several a day . To give a powerful punch add chopped prunes. If prunes gives you gas then make try taking the herb fennel, it really helps relieve the gas and calm the bowels.
- 1 cup pure oat bran
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed (ground Flax)
- 1⁄4 cup mesa cornmeal, fine grained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2-1 cup of chopped prune
- Mix all dry ingredients. Then in another bowl beat eggs till mixed, add milk and oil, vanilla. Pour into dry mixture and mix till well combined. Add the chopped prunes.
- WIth paper muffin cups FIll to almost full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- When the muffins are cooled slightly I like to put them in a zip lock baggie to keep them moist. They are a very dense muffin. Serve with butter.
- They will soften up if you micro wave them too.