Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Who can resist those pleading eyes, that heart-wrenching cry, that drooling mouth? (Well, two out of three is pretty motivational to me.) Return the love to that dog who loves you unconditionally and tell him/her BONE APPETITE from me! Preparation time is approximate. Makes roughly 1-1/4 pound dry dog biscuits.
Top Review by mrs. pankey
I just wanted to add that you should never feed your pets anything in the onion family or garlic! Please leave this out if you are going to use this recipe. It can cause anemia. :(
- 3⁄4 cup hot water or 3⁄4 cup beef broth or 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup lactaid lactose-free milk or 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine water or broth with margarine.
- Add Lactaid or powdered milk, salt, garlic, parsley and egg.
- Stir in flour in 1/2 cup increments, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let dog biscuits cool until dry and hard-- (I often leave them in the oven after turning it off.).