Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can use spicy duck sauce if you like the kick...
- 1 chicken, cut up in pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Chinese duck sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- Skin chicken. Baste with egg and dip in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place in a greased baking dish, cover with tin foil, and bake 45 minutes at 350.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Reheat chicken with sauce.
This was good but could be much improved by adding a little spice to the sweet sauce (when I made it with the hot sauce in was fire engine hot; two cups of that is way too much) and by breading the chicken with the crumbs and sesame seeds and baking in the sauce and then removing the cover towards the end of the baking so the chicken can crisp up. If you don't do it that way you end up with a layer of breading that is soaked with sauce that comes right off and no one seemed to be interested in it that way since the breading becomes soggy and not particularly appetizing. Saying that however the taste was really good so with these changes I'd definitely make it again.