Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I wish I could take credit for this one. It's honestly the best chili I've ever tasted. My friend was nice enough to share it with me. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground turkey or 2 lbs beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 cup salsa, to taste (I use medium)
- Brown meat with some of the onion and garlic salt. Drain grease. Add to crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients to crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serves 6 hungry people.
Very tasty! Even using 95% lean turkey instead of beef, this was very flavorful. Took about 20 minutes to prepare, chop the onion, etc. Definitely would recommend it.