Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Perfect for tea parties, bridal and baby showers, Bunco night, bridge club, etc...the ultimate in girly-girl food, but men love it too!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (NO substitutes. NO Cool Whip or Reddi Whip)
- 1⁄2 apple, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more, to taste)
- With a hand blender,whip cream until it forms stiff peaks. Be sure to do it long enough or your salad will be runny.
- Carefully combine all other ingredients with whipped cream.
- Chill at least an hour; it's best chilled overnight.
I already know this is a winner! My favorites "chicken salad for a crowd" also uses heavy cream and it is what makes it just delish! I am anxious to try this with the addition of cayenne, apples & pecans.
This is a great Chicken Salad Recipe. Our 5 year old, BOY, absolutely LOVED this chicken salad and had two sandwiches. However the adults thought it needed something to bring it over the top. I would love to add fresh herbs to this recipe! The heavy cream idea is just AWESOME! This is a great entry! Good Luck Chef!