1/1 Photo of Girl & the Goat Roasted Cauliflower
This recipe is Stephanie Izard's, and is served at her restaurant Girl& the Goat in Chicago. I recommend checking out Stephanie's video to see how she slices the cauliflower for optimal cooking in this dish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk_TYmX2uIQ
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups cauliflower, sliced
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon crunch butter (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pickled peppers
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon mint, torn
FOR CRUNCH BUTTER
- 1TO MAKE CRUNCH BUTTER:.
- 2In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine all ingredients and whip until light and fluffy.
- 3TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER:.
- 4Heat oil in saute pan.
- 5Add cauliflower and cook until carmelized. Toss and continue to cook until carmelized on all sides. Season with salt.
- 6Add water and steam cauliflower until cooked.
- 7Add crunch butter and toss to coat. Then add pine nuts and pickled pepper. Toss until heated.
- 8Remove from heat. Add parmesan and mint. Toss to combine.
- 9Plate or platter as desired and garnish with additional parmesan, pine nuts, and mint.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Girl & the Goat Roasted Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 229.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: