Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are absolutely AMAZING. Recipe courtesy Stephanie Izard, total genius and mastermind behind Girl and the Goat in Chicago.
- 3 -4 cups green beans, trimmed
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shallot
- cashews, to taste
Green bean dressing (yields 2 cups)
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 5 ounces fish sauce
- 2 1⁄2 ounces soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1⁄3 ounce garlic clove
Aioli (yield 1 cup)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- To make dressing:.
- Combine all ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- To make aioli:.
- Whisk mayo and 1/3 cup green bean dressing together in a separate bowl.
- To make green beans and assemble:.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Add green beans and some sliced shallots for flavor.
- Add enough vinaigrette to coat the green beans. let steam.
- Add a handful or two of cashews for flavor. season with salt.
- Transfer to serving dish & drizzle with aioli.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is completely wrong. Check out Stephanie Izard's website to get the correct measurements. I just wasted a lot of ingredients trying to follow this and then having to correct it with the real recipe.
I love the dressing. IT IS AMAZING!!