Recipe by SaffronMeSilly
I got an email from my mom with a bunch of copycat recipes. Most of them are already posted on zaar, but this one isn't so I thought I'd go ahead and get it out her. Enjoy. Servings and yield are guesses, as I have not actually made these yet.
- 1 (12 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (or normal size cake mix box)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips (or normal size bag of chocoalte chips)
- 2 -3 drops wilton's candy mint extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, cooking oil,and cocoa. You will need to blend this together well, this will be a very sticky mess.
- Let stand for 20 minutes, and then shape into very small 1/2 inch balls. Place these balls on a cookie sheet 2 inches a part, and smash down flat. You will need to spray a large spoon with Pam to make them flat.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. Let cool until they reach room temperature.
- Heat chocolate chips in either the microwave, or in a double boiler. When completely melted add a couple drops of the mint flavoring. Be carefull not to add too much, it is a powerfull flavoring.
- You can either spread the melted chocolate on the cookies, or you can dip the cookies into the chocolate.