I got an email from my mom with a bunch of copycat recipes. Most of them are already posted on zaar, but this one isn't so I thought I'd go ahead and get it out her. Enjoy. Servings and yield are guesses, as I have not actually made these yet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, cooking oil,and cocoa. You will need to blend this together well, this will be a very sticky mess.
- Let stand for 20 minutes, and then shape into very small 1/2 inch balls. Place these balls on a cookie sheet 2 inches a part, and smash down flat. You will need to spray a large spoon with Pam to make them flat.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. Let cool until they reach room temperature.
- Heat chocolate chips in either the microwave, or in a double boiler. When completely melted add a couple drops of the mint flavoring. Be carefull not to add too much, it is a powerfull flavoring.
- You can either spread the melted chocolate on the cookies, or you can dip the cookies into the chocolate.
These were pretty good cookies. The cookie part is a soft cake-like chewy cookie which I liked, but the melted chocolate didn't really set so they were kind of messy to eat. And although we very much enjoyed these cookies, they didn't really taste like Girl Scout mint cookies (not the Thin Mints, anyway). But we enjoyed them nonetheless. Thanks, SaffronMeSilly. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.