Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
From the local newspaper. I have not tried this yet, but it sounds delicious. Note: Similar cookies such as Keebler's Fudge Shoppe Grasshopper and Simply Shortbread may be substituted for the Girl Scout cookies. Cook time includes overnight chill time.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagegirl scout thin mint cookies (see note)
- 1 lb dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, whipped lightly (do not over-whip)
- 2 tablespoons framboise eau-de-vie (raspberry liqueur) (optional)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup crumbled girl scout shortbread cookie (see note)
- raspberry sauce (optional)
- mint sprig, for garnish (optional)
- Line a terrine mold with oiled plastic wrap.
- Line mold with some of the Thin Mints, whole or crumbled.
- Melt chocolate with butter and water in top of a double boiler.
- Cool slightly.
- Fold in lightly whipped cream and framboise, if using.
- Fill mold halfway up with chocolate whipped cream.
- Layer raspberries and shortbread cookies through middle.
- Top with remaining chocolate whipped cream and remaining Thin Mints.
- Fold plastic wrap over top and chill overnight.
- To serve, place some raspberry sauce on a plate and top with a slice of the terrine.
- Garnish with whipped cream rosettes and mint sprigs, if desired.