Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is one of the first things I learned to cook, thanks to my girl guide leaders. Whenever we went camping we made these tasty bananas for desert. Kids will love them in all their oooohy gooooey goodness. Pure chocolate bars are best for this, in my opinion, instead of ones with fillings.
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 2 (45 g) chocolate candy bars (I always used Aero) or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- aluminum foil
- Peel the banana down just one side, leaving the skin attached at the bottom of the banana so you can fold it back up later.
- Give everyone a spoon and have them hollow out the banana like a canoe.
- Don't take out all the flesh, just create a little trough for the chocolate and marshmallows.
- You can eat what you hollow out.
- Break up the aero bar into small pieces and stuff the chocolate into the hollowed out bananas, along with the marshmallows.
- Fold the peel back up over the banana and wrap tightly in foil.
- Bury the bananas in hot coals for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out and let cool for a couple minutes.
- When they are still warm, but not so hot they burn your hands, unwrap and enjoy!
These were very nice but I used roughly chopped dark chocolate in the bananas and I found that they needed to be a little bit sweeter. Perhaps I didn't add enough marshmallow pieces? Still they were very nice, just not exceptional.
YUMMY!!! I made these for camping over Thanksgiving. The kids and adults loved these. They were better than smores(don't shoot me). These will become a regular for our camping trips. Thanks
Mmmm!! These were GOOD! We have just come back from our first camping trip and we enjoyed them so much the first night that we bought more bananas to do them again last night. Thanks Friedel for a true keeper :)