Recipe by Sackville
This is one of the first things I learned to cook, thanks to my girl guide leaders. Whenever we went camping we made these tasty bananas for desert. Kids will love them in all their oooohy gooooey goodness. Pure chocolate bars are best for this, in my opinion, instead of ones with fillings.
Top Review by joanna_giselle
These were very nice but I used roughly chopped dark chocolate in the bananas and I found that they needed to be a little bit sweeter. Perhaps I didn't add enough marshmallow pieces? Still they were very nice, just not exceptional.
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 2 (45 g) chocolate candy bars (I always used Aero) or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the banana down just one side, leaving the skin attached at the bottom of the banana so you can fold it back up later.
- Give everyone a spoon and have them hollow out the banana like a canoe.
- Don't take out all the flesh, just create a little trough for the chocolate and marshmallows.
- You can eat what you hollow out.
- Break up the aero bar into small pieces and stuff the chocolate into the hollowed out bananas, along with the marshmallows.
- Fold the peel back up over the banana and wrap tightly in foil.
- Bury the bananas in hot coals for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out and let cool for a couple minutes.
- When they are still warm, but not so hot they burn your hands, unwrap and enjoy!