Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I posted this recipe following a request. I haven't tried it myself yet. You can find Zigeunersauce everywhere in Germany, but I haven't yet managed to find it anywhere else. Sorry it's a little vague when it comes to the amount of seasoning and spices, but that's how I found it. I'll update as soon as I've tried it myself.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup strong mustard
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste or 1⁄2 cup red pepper paste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- sambal oelek, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- Mix all ingredients and allow for the flavours to blend for a few hours before serving.
- It's ideal as a dip or served with grilled meats.