Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The recipezaar computer will not allow me to put ginseng in the ingredients, so I slipped it in. Ginseng benefits the mind and body as an energy booster. Ginseng is a long term tonic, not a quick acting one. WARNING: If you have high blood pressure, do not drink this tea! Ginseng is also known to supress pain and improve memory!
- 1⁄3 ounce chopped licorice root (and you also need 2 tablespoons powdered ginseng)
- 1⁄3 ounce fresh gingerroot, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, plus extra
- honey (optional)
- In a large pot, add the licorice root and sliced ginger into a 1 quart of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer forabout 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add powdered gingseng. Steep about 10-15 minutes.
- Strain; refrigerate in a tightly covered container.
- Each day, heat up a half cup just to boiling(but do not let boil) with another 1/4" slice of fresh ginger (add water to taste). Sweeten with a little honey if desired.