Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh jalapenos are one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. I made up this stuffed jalapeno recipe with a different twist from the cream cheese or cheddar cheese poppers. Hope you like them!
- 10 fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 (12 ounce) jar artichokes (antipasto-I use Mario brand 12oz jar artichoke antipasto)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs (bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut your jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds and white flesh. (use food handling gloves, if possible, to keep from getting the capsaicin in your eyes!).
- In a medium bowl; mix the antipasto, basil, parmesan cheese and panko crumbs.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with antipasto mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, uncovered, or until jalapenos are a soft texture.
Excellent flavor. I could not find artichoke "antipasto" but I did find Roland's artichoke salad in a 12 oz jar. I was not sure if I should use all of the liquid in the jarred artichoke salad so I set that aside and used it as needed to moisten. Also, I pulsed the artichoke salad a few times in my mini Cusinart and then mixed the ingredients in the bowl. I made this for PAC Spring 2008. Great appetizer!