1 hr 20 mins
Easier than you think!! Recipe is from Williams Sonomaq.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 1Position a rack in the center of an oven and preheat to 325ºF. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and cover the outside with aluminum foil, shiny side out.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar and stir to mix. Add the butter and stir until blended. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate and rum and melt, stirring often, about 1 minute; set aside.
- 4In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add the superfine sugar and continue beating until blended. Then beat in the sour cream and vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Remove the bowl from the mixer and set it over a pan of simmering water but not touching the water. Warm the mixture, stirring constantly, until completely smooth and very creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Pour 1 1/3 cups of the batter into another bowl and set aside. Add the chocolate mixture to the remaining batter and whisk until blended. Set the bowl back over the simmering water and stir until creamy and smooth.
- 7Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Gently pour the plain batter over the top and make swirls in the batter with a fork.
- 8Bake until the cake is set around the edges and the center is still a little loose, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool to room temperature, remove the rim from the pan and refrigerate overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gino Cofacci's Chocolate Rum Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.4
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 151.5 mg
- Sodium 237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet baking chocolate