Recipe by Ginny Sue
Everyone has their own version of seven layer dip and this is mine. The difference with mine is the jalapeno bean dip added to the refried beans for extra flavor. Serve with sturdy tortilla chips.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (9 ounce) can jalapeno bean dip (Frito-Lay)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine refried beans and bean dip in a small mixing bowl; mix well.
- Spread over the bottom of 9x13 inch glass casserole dish.
- Carefully layer sour cream over the bean layer, spreading to the edges.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados together with the salsa and garlic powder. (Or you can use a 12-16 ounce carton of prepared guacamole.).
- Carefully spread the avocado mixture over the sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle the olives, green onions, and tomatoes over the avocado layer.
- Completely cover the top of the dip with shredded cheese.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with tortilla chips as dippers.