Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend Ginny shared this recipe with me 15 years ago and it has become a Super Bowl staple. It puts a spin on the traditional "Sloppy Joe" by using Hot Sausage instead of Ground Beef. My daughter makes this recipe and throws in kidney beans to use as a chili recipe.
- Fry loose sausage in a large frying pan over medium heat until meat looses its pink.
- Drain meat and place in a 2 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Saute peppers and onions in oil until tender.
- Add pepper/onion mixture to slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the Kaiser rolls to the slow cooker.
- Stir the ingredients throughly.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 1 hour.
- Slice the rolls lengthwise.
- Spoon the"Sloppy Joe" mixture on to the bottom half of the roll and top with the remaining half.