Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is my co-worker's recipe and I have added additional seasonings. Very restaurant quality. Prep time includes minimum marinade time and cook time is a guess depending on how you deepfry. We deepfried in 1/2" oil in cast iron pan.
- 6 lbs pork ribs, sweet and sour cut
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese wine, not rice wine vgr
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 teaspoon chinese all spice also known as Chinese five spice powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Cut ribs into individual ribs. Mix next 7 ingredients, add ribs and marinade minimum 1/2 hour. Longer the better.
- Remove ribs from marinade and toss in mixture of flour and breadcrumbs. Remove and deep fry til golden.
this recipe is great.i dont know about the saltine breading mentioned in a previous post. i'll have to try it.what has not been brought to anyones attention is that these ribs should be served hot and with lemon wedges to squeeze on the ribs. otherwise a 5 star recipe.
These were great, but they don't use bread crumbs ;) I actually emailed Ling Lee's in T-Bay and asked the basic recipe since they make it in huge batches. Soda Crackers (Saltines) Garlic, MSG, onion powder and some white pepper is all they use for the "breading" part. :)
These are really good....Enjoy and thanks Karen.