Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is something that I came up with after researching several recipes and combining them to suite our family. You can add potatoes into the stew, or serve the stew over a bed of mashed potatoes which is what I prefer.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 3 -4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 -2 cup vegetable juice, V-8
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 dash creole seasoning, Tony Cacheries original (to taste) or 1 dash season salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- mashed potatoes
- Put stew meat, onion soup mix, carrots, celery, corn, V8 juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, and parsley in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 8 to10 hours.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with the water.
- Turn heat to high and stir until thickened.