Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This was prepared for a pot luck party over 30 years ago, by our dear neighbor Ginny Dunand. I frequently misplace the recipe and have never been able to find it on the internet. It is similar to Nurse Di's Pineapple salad, but with lime Jell-o and pecans.
- 2 (4 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ice cube
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drain and retain the liquid)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup reserved pineapple juice (add water if needed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- STIR 1-1/2 cups of the boiling water into lime Jell-O in medium bowl at least 2 minute until completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of the ice cubes; stir until ice is completely melted.
- Pour into 13x9-inch dish.
- Refrigerate 20 minute or until gelatin is set but not firm.
- Stir in crushed pineapple and pecans.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Using cold beaters and mixing bowl, whip together the whipping cream and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Spread on top of Jell-O.
- Chill until firm.
- Mix together in top of double boiler, sugar, reserved pineapple juice, lemon juice, flour and eggs.
- Cook until thick.
- Let cool, the spread on top of other layers.