Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Preventions' Freezer Cookbook by S. Sanders. Easily doubled or tripled.
Make and share this Gingery Sweet Potatoes (Oamc) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter or 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place sweet potatoes in a large sauce pan and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook until tender, or about 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and add remaining ingredients. Process until smooth.
- To freeze: pack cooled puree into a freezer container or freezer bag and label; thaw overnight in the fridge; heat on stove or in microwave until heated through.
Made and froze. Thawed and then threw into oven in a bowl while cooking chicken. It had such wonderful flavor! It froze and reheated very well, didn't get mushy or have too much spare liquid, but wasn't too dry either. I wish I had made more...
Very easy, very tasty and a lower fat/healthier version that many sweet potato recipes. It was a bit too orange/sweet for my taste so I would probably cut back a bit on the OJ concentrate. I'll make it again for sure.