Recipe by Dancer^
I have used this on green beans and carrots when we have just a plan chicken breasts or steak.
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely slivered almonds
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 juice and grated orange, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast almonds on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid over-browning.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes, until rhubarb has softened and mixture becomes saucelike.
- When almonds are cool, add them to rhubarb mixture.
- Chill before serving.