Kim Petro's Note:
OK so I saw this recipe in a magazine I was flipping through at work one day. It looked so good that I decided to jot it down. Silly me I forgot to write down the name of the magazine. I'm slowly becoming addicted to Quinoa and any new recipe is definately worth a try. I'm glad I tried this one. Very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast almonds in saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes. Cool.
- 2Wipe out saucepan, add oil and onion. Saute 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in ginger, quinoa, and juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low.
- 5Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Remove from heat, and spread peas over cooked quinoa.
- 7Cover and let stand 10 minutes, until peas are thawed.
- 8Stir apple, coconut, and almonds into salad.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingery Quinoa Salad With Apples, Peas, and Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g