Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light August 2007. A nice twist on traditional limeade.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated peeled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 4 lime slices (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a pitcher.
- Add juice and 2 1/2 cups cold water.
- Chill completely. Serve with lime slices, if desired.
This is a very tasty recipe. I made it for a Memorial Day cookout and everyone enjoyed it. I added sake, and love ginger so next time I may add more ginger.
This was awesome! Very different from any ordinary limeade. This one has depth, and so very smooth. Adults are going to like this one, as well as the kids. And it seems perfect to go with SE Asian food. We loved this! Thanks.
Baked cookies all day and the kitchen was getting a little warm. Made this and it was wonderfully refreshing. I love limeade, but the fresh ginger put it over the top. Thanks for posting, Kelbel