1/1 Photo of Gingery Lentil Soup
I don't remember where I got this recipe but it's good and healthy! If you enjoy a stronger flavor feel free to increase the garlic, ginger and spices. I usually do in all recipes I make but I hadn't made this in awhile so I posted the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth, plus
- 1/2 cup water, enough to equal 4 cups
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add carrot and onion; cover and cook 3 minutes or until softened.
- 3Stir in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add curry, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds.
- 4Stir in diluted broth and lentils; bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingery Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 404.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth