Recipe by Missy Wombat
Need something cool and refreshing? Too many citrus fruit? This drink keeps everyone happy.
- 2 1⁄2 cups raw sugar
- 9 cups water
- 1 cup gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup lemon juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 7 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 7 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 slice lemon, for garnish
- lime slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, stir in ginger, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain and discard ginger.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Chill for 1 hour or overnight before serving.
- Serve over ice with slices of lemon and lime for garnish.