Gina Farina's Note:
My mom clipped this out of some magazine and even though I'm not a huge green pepper fan, I really loved this recipe. It's uncomplicated and very satisfying. One more excuse to use my rice cooker which I now can't live without. I am tripling the sauce because when I made it, it wasn't nearly enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and julienned
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot, canned, finely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, for garnish
- hot cooked rice, for 4
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients. Add the cut chicken, seal the bag and turn to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Next, in a bowl combine the sauce ingredients and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- 3When ready to cook, drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet or wok, add 1 Tbsp oil and stir fry the chicken until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 4Add the remaining oil and stir-fry the green pepper and green onion for 2 minutes. Add in the bamboo shoots and ginger. Cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- 5Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and heat through. Garnish with almonds.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingery Chicken + Green Pepper Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1848.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 30.2 g