1/1 Photo of Gingery Carrot, and Orange Soup (Add a Touch of Spice to Your Da
2 hrs 30 mins
This warm and tangy soup has a beautiful muted-orange taste, and will add a touch of spice to your day. Organic carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery are highly recommended. The flavor of organic vegetables is incomparable to vegetables grown in individual fields. Organic root vegetables such as these are considered seasonal no matter where you live and are found easily in health food stores and even many supermarkets. Choosing organic oranges is especially important when making orange zest, so as not to ingest the surface pesticides found on industrially-grown orange skin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roughly chop the onions.
- 2Scrub and roughly chop carrots, celery and potatoes.
- 3Saute onions and celery in oil in the bottom of a large saucepan.
- 4After a few minutes add carrots, and continue to sauté until onions are beginning to go pearly.
- 5Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- 6Stir in the potatoes, then add enough water to cover the vegetables by a couple of inches.
- 7Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- 8Add the orange juice, zest (if using) and grated ginger.
- 9Blend the soup.
- 10Add more stock/hot water/orange juice to achieve desired thickness.
- 11Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, bouillon powder, and a little butter.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingery Carrot, and Orange Soup (Add a Touch of Spice to Your Da
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 96.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of