In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Soup of the Day’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice the green onions, reserving the white and pale green parts in one bowl and the dark green parts in a separate bowl.
- 2In a large, heavy pot, combine the broth, 3 cups water, the ginger, garlic, and the white and light green parts of the green onion and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- 3Decrease the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Strain the liquid discarding the solids, and return the broth to the pot.
- 5Season with salt and keep warm over low heat.
- 6In a frying pan over med-high heat, warm the oil.
- 7Add the bok choy and mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to caramelize and soften, about 6 minutes; set aside.
- 8Return the broth to a boil and add the soba noodles.
- 9Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- 10Add the bok choy, mushrooms and soy sauce and stir to combine.
- 11Serve, garnished with the dark green onions slices.
- 12Pass the hot sauce at the table.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingery Beef Broth With Soba Noodles and Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 552.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g