Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and similar to traditional apple crisp. I had a bag of apples about to be rotten if I didn't use them up in a hurry. Unfortunately I only made apple crisp the full fat way before, and don't keep real butter in the fridge, or have any oats on hand for that matter. So I compromised, and came up with this yummy surprise. Feel free to add raisins, dried cranberries, or extra crushed cereal.
- 8 medium apples, skinned and diced
- 1 inch piece ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- pam butter-flavored cooking spray (4 second spray)
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- -Pre heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- -Add all ingrediants to mixing bowl in respective order.
- -Spray bottom of 9x9 baking dish with low calorie,or fat free cooking spray.
- -Add mixture,and bake approximately 20 minutes.
- Top with coolwhip or ice cream if desired.