Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spiced ripe pear smoothie
Make and share this Gingery Autumn Butterfruit recipe from Food.com.
- 4 red bartlett pears or 4 comice pears
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon light molasses
- 1⁄2 cup malted vanilla-flavored soymilk or 1⁄2 cup almond-flavored soymilk
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- Peel and slice pears.
- Put in blender then add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve immed or place in a saucepan over low heat and serve warm.
- Omit extract if using almond soymilk.
Divine! Oh, how lovely fresh pears are... though I think this would be almost as good with frozen or canned ones. I halved the recipe, used unsweetened soymilk with less water for the malted soymilk, and added about 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. I heated mine, and it was perfect- just the right thick warming treat to start the day! Thank you!